Release 28 is out!
Full changelog can be seen here: http://www.zorbus.net/Zorbus.txt
- Support for ASCII mode. You can adjust the ASCII visual style from the settings. Uses truetype fonts. Press HOME to toggle between ASCII and tiles.
- Mouse support. Tooltips when hovering over UI elements. For me, using the mouse feels very clumsy but it may be helpful when still learning to play the game.
- Red flash on a creature tile when it's damaged.
- Endgame is now much more challenging. Previously it was way too easy to get the ultimate ending.
- Dungeon structure changed a bit. Changed some of the levels from 128x128 to 96x96.
- New interactive furniture: thrones and wells. These can now be interacted with and can provide both harmful and positive effects.
- Crystal balls were previously just static, non-interactive furniture. Now the orbs can be taken from these orb stands. Orbs are devices and can be used like wands.
- Better handling of friendly fire. Companions should no longer get angry at you or each other when taking friendly fire.
- Critical hits deal 50% more damage (was 100%). Charge deals 50% more damage with shafted weapons (was 100%).
- New content (items, areas, monsters).
- Some critical bugs fixed. These occured very rarely but would have made the game impossible to win.
- Huge amount of small bug fixes and tweaks.
- Manual updated. More gameplay tips. Last page of the manual has some small spoilers of the dungeon structure and endgame.
- Leaderboard has been reset.
Save files are not compatible between game releases!
If you enable the option "Check for updates on start" from the settings, you'll be informed when a new release is available and asked if you want to update. The check is made when the game is started.